Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue - Full Album

This album changed my life. Already fully immersed in the Blues from my earliest memories, in the '90s got into Jazz. Reconnected with one of my oldest and best friend's younger brother, David, who's a Jazz guy. We were living down the street in Chicago and both had Mon.-Thurs. traveling jobs. We literally bumped into each other one night in Michigan. Dave slapped me on the shoulder from behind and I thought some Grand Rapids guy thinks I'm looking at his girlfriend or something. I stood up ready for a fight and instead got a big smile and hug from Dave. We had a proper session at that joint which had dollar beers and burgers on Wednesday night. So in Chicago every Thursday night Dave and I would get home and hang at his place on Pierce St., sip good scotch and listen to old Jazz. Great conversations, great music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maiden Voyage

The Pogues - Dirty Old Town

Candlebox - Cover Me (studio version)