John Hiatt - My Dog & Me

Just realized while watching Yellowstone that I happen to be wearing the t-shirt I got while camping there for a week ten years ago with my old dog, Champ. It was our last hurrah before he passed. We hiked all the trails, roasted marshmallows and sausages, hit all the lakes and waterfalls, slept together in the tent, had the greatest week a man and his dog could ever have. When he passed shortly thereafter, I put together this montage to honor the life we had together, 15 of his 17 years in Chicago and Seattle. It's set to this song by one of my favorite artists who had the same love for his dog as I had and will always have for Champ. Thanks to the Skorupa family for letting me take him to Seattle. When he died, so did part of me, but life wouldn't have ever been the same without him. Some of the photos in this video are from that Yellowstone trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maiden Voyage

The Pogues - Dirty Old Town

Candlebox - Cover Me (studio version)