Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes - The Fever

Southside is one of the greats. Bruce stole both Little Steven and Patty Scialfa from the Asbury Jukes. So glad I got to see them back in the day when they played the House of Blues Chicago and my brother called me with one of his "get down here right now" calls. Steve made his bones with this incredible horns part, and wrote most of Johnny's big songs. Bruce did an amazing version of this song in '72 and never officially released it. I may put Bruce's version in the comments. What a song. My ex wife and I used to dance to it in the early days. It's the only song I ever heard that made her cry.

Comments

  1. Check out Bruce and the Big Man taking a back seat while Southside and the Jukes crush it. https://youtu.be/yQ3amVBypEk?si=-wFUBwgjDodSJCOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce's version. https://youtu.be/NXPDwAYdCsg?si=2AnnX4THYX_tM9IS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maiden Voyage

The Pogues - Dirty Old Town

Candlebox - Cover Me (studio version)