Neil Diamond - Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show (Audio)

I've always enjoyed Neil. Growing up, we had his 12 Greatest Hits in the house. Later in '95 or so, I got Hot August Night at a record store in Chicago. Seen him twice at Madison Square Garden, in '91-92 and in '08-09. I liked the acoustic album he did a few years ago with Rick Rubin, and I do not like Rick Rubin, but even a goofy hack like Rubin can't get between a great songwriter and the songs. Best thing RR did on that one was stay out of the way. Asked my cousin Mark, a weapons-grade Neil fan, "what's your favorite Neil song?" He offered a handful depending on the mood. I chose the first one from his list which is also the first I ever heard from Neil, a real rave-up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maiden Voyage

The Pogues - Dirty Old Town

Candlebox - Cover Me (studio version)