Blondie - Rapture (Official Music Video)

My brother is the only person in the history of our family on either side with blonde hair (no matter how much he dyes it in midde-age life!). We called him Blondie because this song was big when we were kids at the time. There are worse things to be nicknamed after, one of the greatest records from an era full of amazing records. The band is Blondie and its frontwoman is the brilliant Debbie Harry and the great Chris Stein. The cassette of Paralell Lines was in permanent rotation in the family cars. It didn't include this song, but it's one we rocked out to at home and on our rides to visit our grandparents in Rockport. While I loved Blondie, every chance I got I'd slip in the Pretenders or the Clash or one of my mix tapes. It's why I always rode in the front seat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maiden Voyage

The Pogues - Dirty Old Town

Candlebox - Cover Me (studio version)